Make with 21 Brix Winery Syrah
– 1 bone-in pork shoulder roast
– 1 large onion, quartered and sliced salt and pepper to taste garlic powder
– 1 cup barbecue sauce
– ½ cup vinegar
– ½ cup Syrah
– teaspoon or two of liquid smoke, if desired
– Place pork roast in the crock pot; add chopped onion, salt and pepper and a generous sprinkling of garlic powder.
– Cover and cook on low for about 9 – 11 hours or until very tender and shreddable.
– Drain all juices off and shred or chop pork; add vinegar and BBQ sauce as well as liquid smoke (if using). Continue cooking on high for about 1 hour.
– Serve with buns and tangy coleslaw for topping. YIELD: 8 – 10 generous servings