Pair with 21 Brix Winery Semi Dry Riesling
– 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
– ½ teaspoon salt
– ¼ teaspoon pepper
– 2 teaspoons butter
– ¾ cup chopped green onions
– ½ cup diced carrots
– ½ cup diced ham
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
– ½ cup 21 Brix Winery Semi Dry Riesling
– 1 cup fresh or frozen green peas
– 2/3 cup whipping cream
– 3 cups hot cooked orzo (1 ½ cups uncooked)
– ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook until browned, about 3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan.
Add onions, carrot, ham, and garlic to pan, sauté until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Stir in broth and wine, scraping to loosen browned bits.
Return chicken to pan. Bring to a boil. Add peas, cover, reduce heat, and simmer until chicken is done, about 10 minutes.
Remove chicken from pan with slotted spoon; keep warm. Add whipping cream. Cook uncovered over medium heat for about 8 minutes.
Spoon ¾ cup cooked orzo onto each plate, top with chicken breast, 1/3 cup sauce and 1 tablespoon parsley.